Showcased technologies include a novel circulatory assist pump for heart failure and bioelectric and biologic treatments for erectile dysfunction, skin and hair regeneration, and rapid straightening and stabilization of teeth during orthodontic treatment.
NEWS PROVIDED BY
Irvine, Calif., Nov. 16th, 2021 /PRDistribution/ — Leonhardt’s Launchpads announced today that they will showcase eight graduates of their innovation and startup launch accelerator program on a Demo Day. The event will occur both in person and virtually on Friday, January 14, 2022, at 3 pm PT at UCI Research Park, University Lab Partners, 5270 California Avenue, Suite 300, Irvine, CA 92617
“We believe that in the near future, these portfolio innovations are destined to improve patient outcomes in each of their respective categories dramatically. All of the innovations have completed successful pilot clinical studies with promising results. We are very proud to showcase them at this time.” stated Dr. Leslie Miller, Chief Medical Officer.
Demo Day marks the end of a long-duration innovation accelerator program for this group of assets and startups. The company strives to graduate companies from the accelerator once they have successfully completed the first in-human clinical studies.
“Leonhardt’s Launchpads accelerator pursues innovations in bioelectrics, biologics, and endovascular delivery systems that have the potential to improve patient treatment options and outcomes significantly. This cohort of graduates and near graduates truly meets these criteria,” said Howard J. Leonhardt, Executive Chairman and CEO of Leonhardt Ventures LLC, the parent company of Leonhardt’s Launchpads. “It was an honor to work alongside the many team members who drove these product development programs to success in their first in-human clinical studies with distinction.”
All of these graduates now seek to form alliances with a strategic partner or acquirer who will fully commercialize these innovations. The 2021 class of Leonhardt’s Launchpads Accelerator graduates include:
- MyoStim ED with ErectiStimTM: MyoStim ED is the first intervention for erectile dysfunction (ED) designed to address all major causes of ED: impaired blood flow, damaged blood vessels, nerve damage, and muscle deterioration. MyoStim ED utilizes non-invasive bioelectric stimulation sequences designed to improve blood flow and regenerate muscles and nerves. Clinical studies completed to date, with over 105 patients, demonstrated that approximately 90% of treated patients had satisfactory lasting results compared to under 10% for placebo patients. The company is currently enrolling additional patients to complete further studies. See www.erectistim.com.
- SkinStim: SkinStim utilizes bioelectric signaling and biologic compositions for skin regeneration using bioelectric controlled expressions of tropoelastin, COL17A1, and klotho. Clinical studies have been completed at multiple sites, and the company is currently enrolling additional patients. See www.skin-stim.com
- HairCell: HairCell employs bioelectric and biologics to regenerate hair growth. Successful pilot clinical studies have been completed at multiple centers. See www.haircellstim.com
- OrthodontiCell, Inc.: OrthodontiCell employs patented bioelectric signaling sequences to accelerate orthodontic tooth movement initially and then induce rapid stabilization after treatment. By controlling the specific protein expressions required for tooth movement and stabilization, treatment time is reduced by up to two-thirds. Using the OrthodontiCell device with aligners or braces and wires for 20 minutes twice a week can reduce orthodontic treatment to only 6 to 9 months compared to 18 to 24 months without the device. A successful clinical study demonstrated that 60% of treated patients had straight teeth in three months, and the other 40% of patients had straight teeth in 6 months. OrthodontiCell is the only product that provides biological control of tooth movement in all aspects of orthodontic treatment. See www.orthodonticell.com
- BladderCell and B-Alive: BladderCell and B-Alive utilize bioelectric stimulation-controlled protein expressions to treat urinary incontinence. This is a significant improvement compared to current treatment options and will eliminate the adverse quality of life impediments associated with loss of bladder control. A pilot clinical study was completed, and the company is currently recruiting patients for two new studies. B-Alive is a product and education outreach campaign designed by women for women. See www.bladdercell.com and www.b-alive.com.
- Second Heart Assist, Inc: Second Heart Assist, Inc. has developed both a catheter-based circulatory assist pump and a wireless power chronic implant aortic stent pump to aid patients with heart failure and reverse cardio-renal dysfunction. The company completed the first in-human study and is moving now to longer-duration use studies. See www.secondheartinc.com
Leonhardt’s Launchpads will also showcase innovation assets/startups on Demo Day that are nearing graduation from the accelerator:
- PressureStim: PressureStim has developed the first patented technology for treating high blood pressure with bioelectric stimulation. A clinical study is enrolling now and should be completed by 1Q 2022. See www.pressurestim.com
- KlothoBios: Klotho is a powerful anti-aging protein. KlothoBios has developed working in selected partnerships the KlothoYears blood test for circulating klotho levels and is currently test-marketing an accompanying information program. KlothoBios provides the test results and information about where a person’s klotho level stands compared to similar-aged peers. See www.klothoyears.com
Many other innovation assets and startups will soon graduate from the accelerator after completing first in-human pilot clinical studies, including; KidneyCell, BodStim, EyeCell, BreatheStim, ImplantStim, DepressiStim, AddictiStim, CerebraCell, BioLeonhardt, CancerCell, and Stem Cell Bra.
See https://leonhardtventures.com/development-pipeline/ for the complete list of innovations in the pipeline.
Leonhardt Ventures LLC Marketing and Communications
SOURCE Leonhardt’s Ventures LLC and Leonhardt’s Launchpads
Web site: www.leonhardtventures.com
About Leonhardt’s Launchpads: Leonhardt’s Launchpads by Cal-X Stars Business Accelerator, Inc., based in Irvine and Mission Viejo, California, is the innovation and startup launch accelerator arm of Leonhardt Ventures LLC. Leonhardt Ventures LLC was launched in 1982, and Leonhardt’s Launchpads in 2008. The Leonhardt team introduced the PolyCath line of cardiovascular balloon catheters in the 1980s. The TALENT (Taheri-Leonhardt) stent graft, StentValve, ProCell stem cell delivery catheters, PENSIL intravascular lung, RadiCath electromagnetic radiation delivery catheters, and bioelectric stimulators for improving blood flow in the 1990s and has focused primarily on biologics and bioelectrics for organ regeneration, healing, and recovery since 2000. More than 38 related products have been developed to date.
https://leonhardtventures.com/development-pipeline/ In 2001, the Leonhardt team led the first-ever non-surgical repair of a human heart with muscle stem cells. Over 600,000 patients have been treated with Leonhardt inventions to date. The Leonhardt team has over 800 patent claims issued, pending, in process, optioned or licensed – See https://patents.justia.com/inventor/howard-j-leonhardt