Leonhardt’s Launchpads Utah was formed in the fall of 2015 in Salt Lake City, Utah.  It is a 5 year accelerator focused on regenerative medtech innovations.  It enrolls approximately four (4) organ regeneration focused startups each year.  It also operates SciAccelerator 180 Day Create to Great startup launchpad accelerator for any Utah based life science focused startup.  It maintains base lab space at the BioInnovations Gateway – http://bioinnovationsgateway.org/about/facility – and has access to high end lab equipment and conference meeting facilities on an hourly rental basis at the UStar Sorenson Biotechnology Building on the campus of the University of Utah

The following startups are in the Leonhardt’s Launchpads Utah inaugural class of 2016 and will be incorporated as Utah C corporations: 

1. EyeCell – eye regeneration – https://leonhardtventures.com/eyecell/

2. BioLeonhardt – heart regeneration – www.bioleonhardt.com ;

3. OrthodontiCell – accelerated tooth movement – https://orthodonticell.com/

4. PancreaCell – pancreas regeneration – https://leonhardtventures.com/pancreacell/

Leonhardt’s Launchpads Utah is 50.1% owned by Leonhardt Ventures which has been developing breakthrough life science innovations since the early 1980’s – https://leonhardtventures.com/about-us/ another 146 stakeholders, including 7 major Utah based stakeholders,  own the other 49.9% via Cal-X Stars Business Accelerator, Inc. www.calxstars.com 

Leonhardt’s Launchpads Utah is supported by 80+ experienced business advisors – http://calxstars.com/team-cal-x/ and 40+ scientific advisory board members – http://calxstars.com/scientific-advisory-board/

Leonhardt’s Launchpads Utah Local Advisory Board Includes:
David Robinson
Devin Thorpe
Dr. Harrison Lazaurus
Dr. Dinesh Patel
Dr. Amit Patel
Kelsie Fortner

Other Leonhardt Ventures startups also partner with Leonhardt’s Launchpads Utah and it’s startups – https://leonhardtventures.com/our-companies/ which include organ regeneration innovations focused on brain, breast, eye, skin, aorta, artery, heart valve, erectile dysfunction, biological pacemaker, whole body, limb, joint, lung, bladder, kidney and liver regeneration. 

Business Models

Leonhardt’s Launchpads Utah will incubate/accelerator regenerative medtech startups for 5 years and then will seek an acquisition buyer or strategic partner.  The firm has agreed to give special preference of first look rights and first and last right of refusal to Utah based acquirers to attempt to keep the job creation from these startups in Utah.   In general we take our startups through an OUS pilot clinical trial of 20 to 100 patients and then we seek a strategic partner with a 3% royalty on net sales forward. 

SciAccelerator, a unit of Leonhardt’s Launchpads Utah, is a 108 day startup launch accelerator focused on science and technology based startups, with a focus on life sciences, that works in collaboration with David Robinson’s venture partner organizations to mentor Utah based science startups for 108 days.  See http://calxstars.com/business-accelerator/ for week by week startup launch program details (note – new web site coming soon).  We take a 9% seed stage equity position in exchange for our startup launch mentorship services and hold a DEMO day for investors at the completion of the program.  Interested startups may apply here – http://calxelerator.com/application/

Leonhardt’s Launchpads Utah is network connected to Leonhardt’s Launchpads NorCal, Cal-X Stars, CalXelerator, The California Stock Exchange TM, Cal-X Crowdfund Connect, Kindheart Lionheart Startup Media Support Services (specializing in animation and live action videos), LABioHub, Startup California, RedSky Life Science Incubator El Paso, University of Minnesota Entrepreneurship, U of Florida Center for Entrepreneurship and Innovation, Leonhardt’s Launchpads Athens, Georgia, Center for Technology Innovation in Pediatrics USC, UCLA BioEngineering, University of Northern California Science & Technology Innovation Center, Alfred Mann Foundation and the Cell Therapy Foundation.

Leonhardt’s Launchpads Utah, Inc.
@ C&S 1893 Business Incubator
370 South, 300 East
Salt Lake City, Utah 84111
(408) 758-2259
email: hleonhardt@aol.com